1. Education -> Home Science & Nutrition -> ASPEE College of Home Science and Nutrition - Future Strategies
Last Updated on Thursday, 20 May 2010 14:38
Introduction of Short Duration Courses:
- Short Duration Courses Food Processing and Preservation.
- Development of balanced diet with the use of surplus cheap agricultural commodities.
- Therapeutic nutrition for
- Growth failures
- Cardiac patients etc.
- Women Empowerment.
Utilization of surplus cheap agricultural products in the development of value added nutritional food (e.g. Date palm).
Extension Education :
- Special trainings to rural farm women in the are of "Processing and Preservation of Food" with an ultimate aim of minimizing the loss of perishable agricultural produces. Women oriented extension activities for education them in the area of development of balanced diet. Special diet to eradicate anemia High protein food for children
- Low calorie foods High fiber food formulations (Geriatric foods)