College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandary - Mandate
- To impart professional training at under-graduate as well as post-graduate and doctoral levels in various disciplines of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, to provide technocrats to the State Animal Husbandry Department, the Agricultural Universities, Co-operative Dairy Sector, Financial Institutes like Banks and Insurance Companies, Pharmaceuticals, Feed Manufacturing and Poultry Industry, Military and Paramilitary Services, National Institutes and General Administrative cadre of the State and Consultancy Services.
- The principal mandate of the college is to share the demands for veterinarians in the State, required for the development and expansion of the Animal Husbandry, enhancement of livestock production land improving the health status of livestock. Research in veterinary sciences, transfer of newer technologies to the farmers is the second mandate. To carry out research on various aspects of Animal Production and Health surveillance on location specific problems unique to the semi arid tropics to devolve suitable package of practices and recommendations, thereby augmenting productivity and economic returns.
- To extend Veterinary Extension, Educational Services by conducting, clinical diagnostic, surgical and fertility camps in the villages of offer free professional advice at the farmers' doorsteps to highlight current strategies of animal management for better motivation and adaptation.
- To conduct short term refresher courses/ specialized practical training programmes to the field veterinarians, para veterinary personnel and farming community.
- To provide diagnostic and expert professional advisory services to the field veterinarians, University and Government Livestock Farms.
- To offer subject matter expertise and consultancy services through printed and electronic media for mass communication.