Last Updated on Monday, 30 November 2009 13:02
TRAINING AND VISIT SCHEME
- Year of establishment: 1980
- Major objectives or Mandates:
To organize the kharif/Rabi preseasonal workshops,bi-month1y workshops, short duration and specialized training programmes for officers of district levels ,sub divisional officers/ AEa of dept. of agriculture/horticulture with view to increase and renurish the level of agricultural knowledge and thereby to increase agricultural production.
- Financial source: State government of Gujarat.
- Major activities of the centre:
- To organize the kharif/rabi preseason workshops, hi-monthly workshops, short duration and specialized training programmes for officers of Department of agriculture and horticulture.
- Follow up and evaluation ofkharif/rabi preseasonal workshops at different district level.
- To attend and advice to the farmers in khedut shibir/sabha /night meet organized by dept. of agriculture/cooperative society/company etc...
- To organize the diagnosis team of agril.scientists and to visit in various districts of North-Gujarat in kharif/rabi season to know and solve the farmers problems with a view to get feedback for future research programmes.
- Advice to the farmer/farmers directly on the spot (field level) as and when needed.
- To give the guidance to the district level officers in planning of cropping area/pattern and other technical programmes.
- Presentation of feedback in ZREAC meeting.